Saturday, September 13, 2014

What if....

Although I understand that Messiah died for the world, and its sins, I have not always felt as if I have felt what He did.  Academically, I understood why He died, but could not process it fully.  As with most things in my spiritual life, I have to experience it, or have it explained in a way to which I can relate. 

When telling people that I 'don't understand', or 'don't feel it', they find it rather baffling, yet I am sure that even the most devout disciple has, at some time, found it difficulty processing all.

I was reading a book, recently, and one of the characters was going to die.  She explained to another character, that she would be happy to die if it meant that others could be free.  I started to think about what she had said, and when she said she understood why Messiah had died to save the world from its sins, I suddenly realised what it meant.

To anyone who really does understand, perhaps you need not read further, but to anyone who struggles with the deeper reasoning, I would urge you to read on, because it may help.

I started to think about myself, and if I would 'die' for anyone.  If it meant a group of people could be free, would I give my life for the cause?  I started to think about careers and every day life.  The guys who work for us are required to be 'certified', if they want to be able to serve papers and compete with others in the industry.  Many agree that it is not a viable 'programme'.  What if I were to be asked to give my life so that they would not have to go through the programme, and just be able to deliver papers, because they are over 18 and not a party to the lawsuit.  Would I do it?  Say that I do give up my life, and they are at liberty to just serve papers, in a moral and ethical way.  They were able to go about their business as long as they did not use guile or any other forms of deceit.  Then, suddenly, after I had died a gruesome death so that they could be free, they started to use guile and deceit.  How would I feel.  I had given up my life for them, so that they could have freedom, but they chose to treat my death as if it was nothing. 

The young girl in the book was willing to give up her life to give others their freedom.  Messiah gave His life so that we could have our freedom.  Freedom from restrictions.  All He wanted in return was for us to do the will of Elohim. I know how I would feel if my death was treated as if it were of no consequence.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment